There are currently employment opportunities at nbCC!
Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Executive Director Amber Besaw at 61 Main Street, Suite 218, North Adams, MA 01247. Please include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 references.
Job Description: Youth Prevention Coordinator
The nbCC Youth Prevention Coordinator works with the community to address the legal, institutional, social and health issues related to underage drinking and substance use.
Hours: 1 FTE [.5 FTE Community Connections/.5 FTE FRC]
Reports to: Executive Director
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: $50,000 annually
Administrative Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
- Manage program budgets related to youth substance use prevention work with assistance from the Business Manager and Executive Director to ensure that spending and billing is done appropriately and within the fiscal year.
- Provide information for the nbCC monthly program reports, newsletter, public health e-zine and nbCC Annual Report.
- Assist with grant writing and procurement as needed.
- Participate in regular nbCC meetings as required.
- Participate in regular external meetings with community partners, current collaborators, and potential collaborators.
- Maintain an organized calendar schedule of appointments and tasks, maintain accurate documentation of mileage, expenses, and all documentation as required by nbCC.
- Complete annual programmatic review.
- Ensure all reports requested by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health Bureau of Substance Abuse Services (BSAS) are submitted in a timely manner. This includes quarterly submission of prevention reports, service delivery reports for BSAS billing, and any other reports as required.
- Attend all professional development training as required.
- Comply with nbCC policies and procedures.
Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
- Utilize the Strategic Prevention Framework to develop and implement strategies to prevent underage drinking and substance use in northern Berkshire County.
- Develop and implement an equity-framed model of establishing local municipal prevention participation; including recruitment of municipal, school, and community representation, training, policy development support, and assessment.
- Maintain existing partnerships with community stakeholders, as well as recruit & train new partners to ensure broad stakeholder representation in nbCC’s prevention work.
- Development and monitoring of measurable goals and objectives, design and implementation of community assessments, collection and analysis of data, and preparation of written reports, as assigned.
- Develop, facilitate and document annual prevention strategic planning process, ensuring equal participation and leadership by unrepresented stakeholders.
- Engage with and provide support to the positive youth development programming at nbCC.
- Outreach, engagement, and connections for the community with nbCC and its programs.
- Support & attend any nbCC event, activity, or program deemed as “all hands on deck” or as assigned.
- Ensure that the principles of participatory research, health equity, anti-racism, and community-driven decision making are integrated into every aspect of the program assessment, development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Lead the coordination of the biennial Prevention Needs Assessment [PNA] Survey in Northern Berkshire County schools with 8th, 10th and 12th graders with the Youth Development Coordinator.
- Maintain communication and relationships with local law enforcement, municipal staff and school administration, including creating and sharing PNA presentations with each school district.
- Co-convene and facilitate the Northern Berkshire Youth & Family Collaborative with the nbCC Prevention Coordinator, and the Family Support & Neighborhood Development Coordinator group to address the current and emerging needs of youth and families within northern Berkshire.
- Outreach, convene, and facilitate workgroups or task forces related to prevention and recovery needs within the community, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, education, public policy, or related field or 5 years related experience.
- Familiarity with and the implementation of the Strategic Prevention Framework preferred.
- Bilingual, a plus
- Knowledge of local community resources and community-based providers, state human service systems, and familiarity with local key players.
- Comfort with public speaking, convening, and facilitation skills.
- Experience and comfort working with all types of people in a variety of groups.
- Cultural competency.
- Commitment to working in the community to help address key issues.
- Demonstrated maturity and self-awareness as it relates to working 1:1 with individuals in the community.
- Understanding and compassion for the needs, limitations, barriers, and capacities of the identified population.
- Excellent time management, attention to details, organizational skills, and ability to problem solve.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Adept at the process of making referrals to other agencies as appropriate.
- Creativity and initiative in developing activities and programs.
- Ability to understand concepts of confidentiality and privacy.
- Technical capacity and comfort with computer.
- Ability and desire to work in a team environment.
- Certified Prevention Specialist credential required, or commitment to completing certification within a two-year period from date of hire.
- Valid driver’s license and insured automobile. Ability and willingness to drive in inclement weather and in rural locations in the northern Berkshire region, as well as attend trainings and mandatory meetingsas required by funders
- This is an active rote, including but not limited to the following activities: lifting and carrying objects and materials; rearranging furniture as needed for events and programming on site and in the community at a variety of locations.
- Flexibility in job expectations and scheduling, with availability for evenings and weekends, as needed.