We actively work to build a positive youth development culture. We support youth to grow and realize their full potential, while also supporting those who work with youth through networking and training efforts.
ACTIVITIES & PROGRAMS
- Youth Health Collaborative
- Berkshire Youth Development Program Partnership [ 413 Youth Conference]
- Youth Development Training
- Teen Writing Workshop and Showcase
- Prevention Needs Assessment
- Annual Youth Focused Workshops
nbCC’s Youth Development work is grounded in Positive Youth Development practices. The purpose of this work is to help youth develop competencies that will enable them to grow, develop their skills, and become healthy, responsible, and caring, youth and adults.
Principles of Positive Youth Development:
- Focus on strengths and positive outcomes
- Youth voice and engagement
- Strategies that involve all youth
- Community involvement and collaboration
- Long term commitment